Follow by Email

Friday, July 25, 2014

Meng's Blown Port, our REAL LOA (and new W&W pics), and a Brian update!

Hey folks!
    Lots of craziness going on here, a usual.  Meng, Rory and I just got back from Memphis TN, where Meng had her 6 month check up at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  We have been having lots of trouble with her port these past few months.  Yesterday we discovered why....there was a small kink in it, and after trying carefully to straighten it out with a few ml's of saline, the nurse accidentally blew a hole in it!   OUCH!  Meng flipped out (yes, it was painful), and now.....she has to have surgery to remove the blown port and replace it.  Not a major surgery, but still one more thing to add to my list!  And....Peoria wants Memphis to do the surgery, so we will be heading back in August to have the port replaced.  But...despite that unpleasantness, Memphis was great!  We went with some friends, who introduced us to some local authentic BBQ and some amazing pizza!  We had a good time.  But now we are tired!  LOL

    Well, you may remember that I was SO excited to announce that we got the boy's LOA?!?!  Well, the agency director had us confused with another family.  How disappointing to find out she was wrong!  But....TODAY WE GOT OUR REAL LOA!  So, we can celebrate all over again!  LOL  With as busy as things have been, it didn't seem like to much extra time to wait.....and we still got it in less than 60 days, when many folks are waiting 90 or 100!  God is good, his timing is perfect! We should still travel by early fall.

   Brian news.  Well, as crazy as this sounds, I just made a DCFS hotline call to turn DCFS in for child abuse!  Really!  He has been in a facility called Aunt Martha's ever since our dependency hearing at the beginning of the month.  We have been able to talk with him, check on him, and be involved in his care.  Little by little he began to have some aggression issues, especially over this past week.  And then yesterday, I am told he snapped.  Injured several staff and patients, and damaged office equipment.  He was SASS screened, and taken to a psych hospital in Chicago.  Today, I called to check on him and talk to him, and I was told that they could not speak to me, since he was a state ward.  I spent the day (while driving home from Memphis) calling every social worker involved in his care, but not a single one ever called me back.  The hospital absolutely refuses to talk to me, or to allow me to talk to Brian.  So, I called DCFS to report that my son was not being allowed to speak to me, or for me to able to check on him.  Their response?  Wait til Monday and they will get a social worker to permit the hospital to talk to me.  Crazy.  I know Brian.  After he rages, he is scared.  He is alone.  He needs to hear a familiar voice, and we were hoping to visit him this Sunday.  But......they seem to know what is best for him, so none of those things are allowed.  It is truly a broken system, and one that does NOT have the best interest of the child at heart.  We were promised by DCFS and the judge in our case, that we would be involved in every aspect of Brian's care.  Not true.  Even though we retained our parental rights, we basically have none.  So, once again, I place Brian in God's hands, and ask God to comfort him, and bring him peace.  I know He will.  And I ask Him to give me peace also!

    Gotta go.  Busy weekend!  We have Shunnishi here visiting from Japan, we are heading to Chicago tomorrow to visit Bronwyn's birth family, and to visit Chris B, who just had surgery.  Then heading to St. Louis on Monday, to take Daley to a seizure specialist.  Always busy, but loving my busy life and my beautiful family!!!

    Enjoy these amazing new pics of my boys!  I cannot wait to hug them!

No comments:

Post a Comment